PLACES TO STUDY
Library is a great place to study. On each floor of the AU library, you can find many places to study and relax. AU Library offers a variety of spaces for group study, meetings, classes, and presentations. However, some of them require advance reservations. Select a room from the list below to explore the ambience.
St. Gabriel's Library (Hua Mak Campus)
This reading zone is located on the first floor, with the large tables for placing books and laptops. All tables are with the electrical outlet which is convenient for the battery charging.
This reading zone is on the second floor. There are three individual study rooms on this floor.
This central area is only provided to the Master’s and Doctoral students. There are large tables for placing books and laptops. These tables are with the electrical outlet which is convenient for the battery charging. The opening and closing time of the rooms are 08.00 am and 21.00 pm. (Closed after the library’s working hours.)
Group study rooms
Three separate rooms are available for searching and studying with large and small tables that are suitable for individual and group study.
Two separate rooms with four medium-size tables are available for group study and small meetings.
This room can be used for classes, workshops, meetings, and other group work. There is an LCD TV to display the output from a laptop. Reserving the room in advance is recommended.
An event space is available for conferences and seminars. It can accommodate up to 30 people. Reserving the space is recommended because the computer, displays, and audio devices have to be prepared and arranged.
Moreover, there are three rooms available for workshops and small group meetings.
Doctoral study rooms
Eight study rooms are available for Master’s and Doctoral students. There is a leisure zone together with the private shelf provided outside the rooms. The opening hours of the room is 08.00 am to 21.00 pm (Closed after the library’s working hours.)
Guidelines for using Doctoral Study Rooms:
1. The opening hours of the room is 8 a.m. – 9 p.m. All students must leave the room before 9 p.m.
2. One person in a room must share the room with an arriving study group. (A group is defined as two or more students).
3. Please keep the room clean. Remember not to leave any trash.
4. Food items with odor & unpleasant smell are not allowed.
5. No brewing coffee & tea or smoking will be permitted in the rooms.
6. The facilities provided in the room can only be used inside the room. Remove of the facilities to other floors or into personal rooms is not allowed.
7. For energy saving, students are required to switch off the air conditioning in the room after use.
8. Do not leave any personal belongings behind. Students shall be fully responsible for their own safety and property in the room.
9. Misbehaviors including noise nuisance, vandalism, fouling of public area, using abusive or discriminatory language or behavior, intimidation or harassment are prohibited. The right of using the room will be terminated and violators will be penalized.
10. Do not disturb other students or the right of using the room will be terminated.
11. Do not bring family/relatives in the 4th floor where only enrolled students are qualified to use it.
13. If students do not follow rules, AU library director may expel the use of students.
14. Only 4 students were allowed in each room.
*The rules are effective from August 2, 2019*
Office of AU Library
Quiet study zones
Quiet zone is intended for research and study. It is ideal for private study. Using a smartphone phone is not permitted, however if it is necessary, do so in the stairwell or other designated areas for a short period of time.
This central area is only provided to the Master’s and Doctoral students. There are large tables for placing books and laptops. These tables are with the electrical outlet which is convenient for the battery charging. There is a relaxation zone with the comfortable sofa. On both sides of the floor, there are eight individual study rooms. The opening and closing time of the rooms are 08.00 am and 21.00 pm. (Closed after the library’s working hours.)
A relaxation zone is arranged on the first floor with comfortable sofas.